The 2014 C-Store Products Hot 100: Nos. 40-31
Kicking off our second-annual list of the top retailer-requested products of the year
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill.-- In last year’s inaugural Convenience Store Products Hot 100 issue, we began with an impressive number: 8,706. That’s how many retailer requests we received for information on products found in the magazine (via reader service card). And that was just the first year of the magazine’s life.
This year, it feels more appropriate to start on the opposite end of the numerical spectrum.
There can, after all, only be one most-requested product, preceded of course by 99 other highly sought-after c-store products, each indicating a bit about what was important to retailers this year. The list itself is derived from individual products listed in editorial and advertising in Convenience Store Products magazine, from the August/September 2013 issue through the July/August 2014 issue. Any product with a reader circle number was tracked.
We’ll be revealing the entire Hot 100 in the November/December issue, set to hit the streets in early December. Until then, we're counting down the Top 40, 10 by 10, every Tuesday in the Convenience Store Products e-newsletter.
We'll hit the Top 10 on Dec. 9 and unveil that No. 1 most requested c-store product.
For now, here are Nos. 40 to 31.
40. Ham, Egg and Cheese Muffin, Hillshire Brands. These butcher-wrapped sandwiches feature ovenable/microwavable paper and hold for up to four hours in a warmer.
39. Cornelius Flavor Fusion Ice Drink Combo, United Fast Food & Beverage Service Corp. The Cornelius Flavor Fusion Ice Drink Combo features bright graphics that are accompanied by a wide variety of options in a compact size. (This image appears to be the same as that for No. 36 because it is: In a Hot 100 first, the machine made the top spot for two separate features.)
38. Flicktacular Lighters, BIC Corp. BIC's Facebook fans voted on their favorite lighter designs from various series for this special set.
37. Jolly Rancher Frozen Carbonated Drink, Sunny Sky Products. Manufacturers continue to roll out new frozen dispensed treats. Among them, Sunny Sky Products was awarded the license agreement to produce, package, sell and distribute Jolly Rancher branded products.
36. Mr. Chill Sugar Free Flavor Shots for Cornelius Flavor Fusion, United Fast Food & Beverage Service Corp. Dedicated bonus flavor nozzles mean eight additional flavors for guests to customize their drinks. (This image appears to be the same as that for No. 39 because it is: In a Hot 100 first, the machine made the top spot for two separate features.)
35. Rolaids Rolls, Lil’ Drug Store Products. The exclusive provider of Rolaids to the c-store industry, Lil’ Drug Store Products released four flavors in roll form in 2013.
34. York Minis, The Hershey Co. These bite-sized chocolate and mint candies come in a peg-friendly pouch and king-size option.
33. Dole Banana Dippers, Dole Foodservice. Dole Banana Dippers consist of banana slices covered in dark chocolate. Available in Banana Dippers and Banana Dippers with Almonds varieties.
32. Tums Chewy Delights, GlaxoSmithKline. Tum Chewy Delights provide the brand’s extra-strength heartburn relief in a soft-chew format.
31. Tic Tac Displays, Ferrero U.S.A. Inc. These three new displays were rolled out in Spring Fruit, Summer Ice Pop Flavor Mix and Holiday varieties.