The Convenience Store Products Hot 100
Revealing Nos. 50 to 41 in our inaugural list of retailer-requested products
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. -- 8,706. That’s the number of retailer requests we received for product information from Convenience Store Products so far this year, as well as from the Product Watch section of CSP. Those nearly 9,000 requests on well over 500 products are the foundation of the inaugural Convenience Store Products Hot 100.
The list comes from the individual products featured in advertisements and editorial for the first two issues of the year (the August/September issue will be tabulated in the 2014 Hot 100) and the editorial Product Watch section in the first eight issues of the year of sister publication CSP.
We’ll be revealing the entire Hot 100 in the October/November issue of Convenience Store Products. Until then, view the slideshow below to see products 50 to 41. Check out the Convenience Store Products E-newsletter every Tuesday and Thursday between now and Nov. 19 as we count down to No. 1.
50. Bacon Jerky, Oberto Brands. This is the eighth flavor addition to the All Natural Oberto line, and is made with lean, large strips of bacon, water, sea salt and sugar, with no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
49. Nestea RTD Iced Tea, Nestle Waters North America. With 2012 RTD tea unit sales up 8.6% in c-stores, why not skew towards RTD tea expansion? Nestea established three tiers: mainstream, where Nestea plays, premium with Tradewinds and a specialty category featuring the Sweet Leaf brand.
48. Krispy’s Original Recipe 1/4-lb. Chicken Sandwich, Krispy Krunchy Foods. It starts with a hot bun, and continues with honey butter sauce and two pickles, served with a Krispy Krunchy side. The brand’s goal was to add portability—plus pickles—to its signature fried chicken.
47. Keebler Fudge Stripes, The Kellogg Co. This new iteration of the company’s legacy product features more fudge coverage and wider fudge stripes per cookie. It is packed four cookies in a sleeve, 12 cookies in a display tray, with 12 trays per case for a total of 144 cookies per case.
46. Joltin' Joe Sparkling Espresso Drinks, AriZona Beverages. This lightly carbonated drink comes in a 16-ounce aluminum can embossed with the likeness of New York Yankees legend Joe DiMaggio. Containing espresso, the product contains 80 mg of caffeine and 50 calories per 8 ounces.
45. New Freezer-Door Cases, White Castle. The company’s new 16-pack freezer cases are easier to stock with a more convenient opening design. They contain eight 2-packs of the company’s signature hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
44. Deli Market Meals, Tyson Foods. Tyson Foods’ Deli Market line features 16 different grab-and-go meals, including wings, meatballs, chicken fillets and pasta entrees. These fully cooked, ready-to-heat meals are shipped frozen for placement in the cold case with a 10-day shelf life.
43. FeBreze Car Vent Clips, Procter & Gamble. New Febreze Car Vent Clips brings the popular home brand to the car-care category. The line is available in eight scents including Linen & Sky and Midnight Storm.
42. Thaw & Sell Bakery Solutions, Prairie City Bakery. Prairie City Bakery offers a wide variety of baked-goods solutions for the c-store retailer. It’s thaw-and-sell items, which include cinnamon rolls, muffins and doughnuts, were featured in the February issue of Convenience Store Products.
41. Bake-Up Brownies, Otis Spunkmeyer. Otis Spunkmeyer’s Bake-Up Brownies come preportioned and ready to bake. Bake-Up Brownies are available in 3-ounce Arriba Chocolate and 3.2-ounce Chocolate Walnut flavors.