The Convenience Store Products Hot 100: Nos. 40-31
Revealing Nos. 40-31 in our inaugural list of retailer-requested products
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. -- 8,706. That’s the number of retailer requests we received for product information from Convenience Store Products so far this year, as well as from the Product Watch section of CSP. Those nearly 9,000 requests on well over 500 products are the foundation of the inaugural Convenience Store Products Hot 100.
The list comes from the individual products featured in advertisements and editorial for the first two issues of the year (the August/September issue will be tabulated in the 2014 Hot 100) and the editorial Product Watch section in the first eight issues of the year of sister publication CSP.
We’ll be revealing the entire Hot 100 in the October/November issue of Convenience Store Products. Until then, we're counting them down, 10 by 10, every Tuesday and Thursday in the Convenience Store Products E-newsletter.
We'll hit the Top 10 Nov. 19. For now, here's Nos. 40 to 31.
40. Mrs. Mays Naturals, Dole Food Co. Inc. The line is positioned as a 100%-natural, gluten-free fruit-and-nut-based snack brand that includes Almond Rice Stix, Chocolate Rounds, Classic Crunches, Sesame Strips and Trio Bars.
39. Rice A Roni Cups, PepsiCo Foodservice. The single-serve and microwavable rice cups are ready in 3 ½ minutes and available in Chicken, Creamy Four Cheese and Cheddar Broccoli flavors.
38. Resource Spring Water, Nestle Waters North America. Positioned in the “premium still” water segment, the product contains naturally occurring electrolytes for a crisp and clean taste.
37. Peeps Easter Candy, Just Born. A new way to capture seasonal-confection sales, Giant Peeps Bunny comes in one- and three-count packages, and is now available in a larger-size package.
36. Squatch Snack Sticks, Jack Link's Beef Jerky. Developed for and tested directly with millennial consumers, this variety features both bold flavors (Original and Hot) and bold branding. Squatch Sticks are available in 1-ounce packages with an SRP of $1.29.
35. Better Crocker Sweet Rewards, General Mills. Available in a 1.5-ounce package, the product offers two tastes: a creamy mix of cake and frosting dipped in a chocolate coating, and soft cookie with chips also dipped in chocolate coating.
34. DVD Kiosk, DVDNow Kiosks. The S250 Touch Kiosk dispenses DVDs, video games and Blu-ray discs, providing customers with an option of viewing movies through glass-front doors or browsing using a touch-screen interface.
33. Snapple Half 'N Half, Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Capitalizing on two of its flagship flavors, Snapple has developed a Half ‘N Half offering made with green and black teas balanced with tangy lemonade.
32. Fast Fixin' Sandwich Bar, AdvancePierre Foods. The Fast Fixin’ Sandwich Bar provides an alternative to the roller grill or cold-sandwich case with a customizable hot-sandwich offering. New meat varieties include Grilled Chicken with Teriyaki Glaze and Angus Meatloaf.
31. Sunrise Breakfast Burritos, Deli Express. Part of the Hot-to-Go line, the variety is handcrafted with scrambled eggs, Cheddar cheese, meats, breakfast potatoes, bell peppers and savory sauces. A second variety in the line is the Breakfast Scrambler Burrito with eggs, Cheddar and bacon.