The 2014 C-Store Products Hot 100: Nos. 30-21
The countdown of the top retailer-requested products of the year continues
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. -- Over the next few weeks, Convenience Store Products will be revealing the 2014 Hot 100, the top retailer-requested products of the year. The list is derived from individual products listed in editorial and advertising in Convenience Store Products magazine, from the August/September 2013 issue through the July/August 2014 issue. Any product with a reader circle number was tracked to see how it resonated with our readers.
We’ll be revealing the entire Hot 100 in the November/December issue, set to hit the streets in early December. Until then, we're counting down the Top 40, 10 by 10, every Tuesday in the Convenience Store Products e-newsletter.
We'll hit the Top 10 on Dec. 9 and unveil that No. 1 most requested c-store product. For now, here’s Nos. 30-21.
While the entire Hot 100 reflects a strong focus on foodservice--particularly breakfast and sandwich items--Nos. 30 to 21 saw snacks come on strong, with two spots held by Jack Link's and another by Kellogg's for its Pringles Tortilla Crisps. LTO confection, little cigars, unique dispensed and bottled beverages and shelving solutions also made the list.
30. Grab-And-Go Shelving, United Fast Food & Beverage Service Corp. The Howard McCray Island Case features two or three levels of display plus main deck adjustable shelving.
29. Flavored Cigar Singles, Prime Time International Co. These flavored cigars are now available in pre-priced 59-cent singles, in little or large cigar styles.
28. Jolly Rancher Frozen Uncarbonated Drink, Sunny Sky Products. This premium uncarbonated beverage is available in four Jolly Rancher flavors: Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Green Apple and Watermelon.
27. Kellogg’s To Go Breakfast Shakes, Kellogg Co. These protein- and fiber-rich ready-to-drink beverages come in Milk Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla flavors.
26. Lemonhead LTO Packaging, Ferrara Candy Co. Clever, vintage packaging captures nostalgia in this 50th-anniversary, limited-time release of the popular Lemonhead candy.
25. Small Batch Handcrafted Beef Jerky, Jack Link’s. Handcrafted and slowly smoked in a traditional smokehouse, Jack Link’s Small Batch comes in Original, Teryaki and Peppered flavors.
24. Pringles Tortilla Crisps, Kellogg Co. Zesty Salsa follows Truly Original, Nacho Cheese and Southwestern Ranch flavors in the Pringles tortilla brand extension.
23. Wild Side Sriracha and Burrito Beef Jerky Flavors, Jack Link’s. These bold flavors are inspired by the spicy global cuisines of Southeast Asia and Latin America.
22. Pretzel Flatbread Sandwiches, AdvancePierre Foods. The company recently expanded its Hot ‘n’ Ready sandwich line with the launch of two Pretzel Flatbread Sandwiches: Sausage, Egg & Cheese Pretzel Flatbread and Canadian Bacon, Egg White & Cheese Pretzel Flatbread.
21. Premium Iced Coffee, Sunny Sky Products. This product’s bold and creamy flavor can be served over ice or blended, and promises a profit margin of up to 70%.